Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hello:

Today begins the documentation of the journey I am taking with my son.  We began homeschooling in August of 2010.  My son is 6 years old and in the 1st grade.  We tried public school for Kindergarten, but my heart was not in it.  Within the first few weeks of that year I knew it would be the last.
You see I am a 46 year old mom to 2 grown daughters who went threw the public school system.  I feel that I have learned a lot about that system.  When I became pregnant with my son I knew from the beginning that I would not send him to public school. However, the dad just could not understand why.  So, to I guess prove  my point, I sent my son to public school for kindergarten. It did not take long for the dad to see my point.  Within 4 weeks my little boy was a different person.  It has taken me almost a year to find him again.
I worked all summer to get the "school" set up.  It has taken me 5 months of agony to realize my idea of school is not his. So begins the transformation of the "school".  In the following weeks I will document our transformation from what everyone expects our school to be, to the unschooling way of life that I want it to be.
I hope you will enjoy following us as we struggle from the hectic have to schedule into a relaxing and wonderful world of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment